Beiträge von xt350Norway

Hi!
    I just changed a broken pickup-coil on my 1987 model, and re-isolated a bunch of worn wires that short circuited my battery. But when i put the bike together, it won't start of course. No spark on the plug.

I am always too impatient to take notes or photos while i dismantle anything, so now I'm unsure if i wired to bike correctly. so that leaves me with some questions i hope some of you might know the answer to:

1. In the wiring diagram, there seems to be an extra ground / black wire between the stator and the CDI unit, even though both of them are grounded individually. Is that so, and whats the purpouse of that?
    2. There was a wire attached alone to a small pin between the stator and the front sprocket, which I can't find in any wiring diagram. what's the purpouse of that? (the pin seems to be isolated from the rest of the bike, so i doubt it's a ground).

On beforehand, thanks for answers.

Hello and merry Christmas!
    I was going through my faulty stator / generator on my 1987 xt350, when I found out my pickup coil was broken. It's the tiny coil on the outside of the flywheel with two wires attached to it. I read its purpose is to signal the CDI unit when to start ignition. It's a small component but ridiculously excpensive! My local dealer wants over 300 Euros! It's a little cheaper in Europe and in the USA, but then transport would add up. I can't find it on Ebay or one of the cheaper Motorcycle spare parts stores online. It seems like only yamaha dealers sell it.

So if any one here knows where to find one without paying 300 Euros, please share. Or maybe it's possible to use one from another bike?

On beforehand thanks.