Beiträge von Marcos88

Well, i like my bike in good shape ... Last year i`ve repaired the whole engine, piston, all the bearings in the engine, gear box ... Almost everything except the cylinder head ... This becouse i needed to rely on her in Sahara. I went this year in Tunisia ...
    Next year i want to see Kenia with it (Romania-Bulgary-Greece-Egypt-Sudan-Kenia-Ethiopia-Eritreea-Saudi Arabia-Jordan-Siria-Turkey-Bulgary-Romania) so i need it in perfect shape ... There are almost 13.000 km :)
    So my question remains ... New cylinder head or only just new valves and guides ? :)

I`ve checked today the cam timing ... It was very off :( After adjusting it, the metalic noise stopped, but the engine still doesn`t start and some fuel/air mixture comes back from the intake into the carburetor when i try to make muscle with the kickstarter :)
    I`m very surprised myself that from a crash the cam timing was modified ... And the distribution chain was practicaly new (changed about 4000 km ago), it was very tight ... so ...

Tomorow i`ll try to get out the engine cylinder head ... Hopefully the valves are intact ...

Yesterday, in a hard enduro ride, i`ve fallen into my head and the motorcycle flew a little bit through the air... Untill here everything oke, but my bike from that moment wouldn`t start.

I`ve checked the spark plug, i`ve changed it, it`s oke, it gives a good spark. I`ve cleaned the carburetors, checked them and they are ok.
    With the spark plug removed, i`ve put a screwdriver through the hole and the piston moves up and down, as far as i can say the piston is still in one piece.
    I`ve removed the cylinder top cover, the cam chain is oke, tight, the cams move oke, no wear or so, but when they get to open the admision valves, i must push hard in the kickstarter, the exhaust valves go smooth.
    When i kick it, with the carburetor down i noticed that some air goes back through the admision holes ... And also i noticed a metalic noise coming from the engine .. I can`t tell from wich part ...
    So what could be the problem ?

Thanks.

Well, i have this problem : if i keep the motorcycle tilted to the right or centered the engine runs smooth, it idles ok. If i`m tilting just slighty the motorcycle to the left it starts to die slowly under 2500 rpm ... Over 2500 rpm it runs, but not smooth, firing bad.
    I`ve cleaned the carburetor, played with the air screw , but nothing.
    What could be the problem ?

Well, my clutch basket on a hard enduro day just exploded. I managed to find almost all the parts to repair my engine, but i have trouble finding a clutch basket...
    So, if anyone has one, i`ll buy it :)
    Leave me a pm or on yahoo messanger : marcos_88

Thanks

Zitat von swisschris

wow, 40 Days ago broken bones, broken Frame, and now everything "like new".
    congratulations from Korfu. Chris 8) ph
    ...wo es übrigens auch keinen Tüv braucht, George. :wink:

Well, i still have a sharp pain in my wrist when i try to lift even minore weights, but i can ride ;)
    Today i`ve tested the new frame and the bike handled very well ;)

Bike`s alive again ;)
    I`ve painted the new frame, and moved all the components from the old one. Now i have to paint the newplastics and the new reservoir, but until then i will leave the old ones .

Thanks again TTGeorg ;)

I have a TT600R rear shock mounted ... i had to modify a little the linkage but other than that it fitted very nice ;)
    After i repair my bike - had an accident, bent frame) i will try to adapt a rear swingarm from a wrf426, rear shock and likage from the same wr. Also a disk brake and a 19" wheel.

I already spoken to TTGeorg for the frame, but thank you anyway!
    In 4 weeks i hope to ride again, it`s only one day from the accident and i already miss my bike :(

Zitat von trischter

Uargh! Broken bones and romanian hospitals...;- not really funny!
    Bent frame´s not fine as well...
    Some years ago, I sold lots of parts to a guy from timisoara, but I´m afraid, there will be nothing left til today... :cry:

Well, i had some luck, i was rushed in Floreasca Emergency hospital in bucharest, one of the finest hospitals in here and very well equiped ... so i`m pretty pleased on how they handled my wrecked bones :) Left hand and leg ...

Here`s a picture of me waiting for an x-ray :)

Today i had an accident with my xt ... Besides some broken bons i have the frame bent ...
    Does anybody have a good xt350 frame ? If so please let me know ...

Today i`ve installed a new "sound system" :) A WR450f exhaust.
    In order to fit, i had to cu down from the pipe and weld an intermediate tube. this job took about 3 hours .
    Now it has a more distinctive sound and i think i won 1-2 hp ...
    Also put a Dunlop D752 front tire ...
    Here`s a picture :

Zitat von GOGO

What a job!
    The front fork seems something longer, is the balance of the bike still ok?

Greetings
    GOGO

I`ve put a rear shock from a tt600r , and lower a little in the triple clamps the forks (with 1,5 cm). Now i have a travel of 300 mm in front and 280 mm in rear

This is how the bike looks today.