xt600e carburetor

• hi guys
    i have an xt600e model 2000 i think
    i wonder what the thing in the red circle is
    i have not seen it in other models than mine
    sorry that i post here but i cant find how to post on xt600.de
    and i dont speak any german :D
    thank you all

• The plastic box is supposed to silence the intake noise and reduce engine power. It was used in the late 90's XT 600 E models.
    Where are you from? Welcome to the forum!

Ich hab doch sowieso den Längsten...

• Zitat von moedamaster

The plastic box is supposed to silence the intake noise and reduce engine power.

Quite sure?
    Yamaha uses this box since somewhat in the 80ies, especially on 2-stroke-modells as DT80LC.
    Then they told us, they use it to increase enginepower by working on the intake-oscillations...
    But really: depending on how little the power-output is on the 600-modells, it seems more to be really a kind of silencer or a unit to cut power...

Mein Nachbar hört gute Musik;- ob er das will oder nicht...:mrgreen:

• - http://www.moppedcafe.de/ aufrufen..

- auf "Silvias XT" klicken
    - staunen :)

Die kleine Box an den Zweitaktern gabs wirklich. Hat nie Probleme gemacht an meiner DT80LC. Hab aber mit dem Teil nichts zu tun. Ab Baureihe DJ02 sind die Dinger wieder verschwunden, die wirkt wesentlich weniger zugestopft. Ansonsten ist sie fast Baugleich mit der 3TB.

Ich hab doch sowieso den Längsten...

• Nu muss ich auch noch dazusenfen: Bei 2-Taktern heisst sowas "Resonanzkammer". Und soll in bestimmten - meist niedrigen - Drehzahlbereichen für bessere Füllung sorgen und das "holprige" Rengtengteng minimieren. 2-Takter viertaktern nämlich gerne durch Überfettung im Leerlauf. Daher auch der charakteristische unruhige Leerlauf.

Was das ganze aber bei 4-taktern soll, erschliesst sich mir nicht wirklich, vermutlich Ähnliches, aber sowas ist normalerweise unnötig und ich tendiere stark dazu, dass das Ding beim 4-Takter EINzylinder eher leistungsminimierende Funktion haben soll(te).

In English:
    My 2 Cents: On two-stroke engines this thing is called "resonance chamber" and is supposed to enhance gas exchange durings low RPMs and idling. 2-Stroke engines tend to behave as 4-strokes due to overly rich fuel-air mixture when idling.

But on a 4-stroke it´s very uncommon and in essence besides the point, since gas exchange is controlled by the valves and not with a resonating gas wave. Thus I tend to believe it´s more of a power restriction device than anything else.

If it´s possible remove it and close the opening in the intake manifold with a (on the inside) FLUSH plug, screw or anything. Maybe you´ll realize a difference but I think the engine will behave more or less the same.

1985 XT350 55V
    Simply change the gravitational constant of the universe!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!