xt 350 motard

• yesterday i welded the ground plate for the rear breake cylinder on the frame and the the support for the brake caliper.
    a litle paint?!#$% and set everything in a good position, the location of the brake fluid reservoir was a bit trickie, i orderd banjo bolts and made a break hose in the right length.
    put the break oil in it and let the air out of the break.
    now i wil have to try it on the street, but i am convinced it will work very well.

the front breakes are working perfect by the way.

i wil try to find a place to weigh the xt now its ready, i am curious what the weight diference is

greetings wachter

Grüße aus holland

• I guess, i wouldn´t rely on the brakke and that it will work til the pads are down.
    Look at the hose, like a "S" thats lies on the side: you´d better try to form it like a "U" and not like the "S" with the highest point above maybe half of the level in the reservoir.

Mein Nachbar hört gute Musik;- ob er das will oder nicht...:mrgreen:

• i can't turn the exit of the brake cylinder, the grey exit pipe is mounted with a screw so i can't turn it the other way.
    i tested it in the garage, break works well.
    i will try it carefully on the street in front of my house before the real work starts.
    for the reservoir i have looked for an other place, onder the seat but the hose of the reservoir is big so the side panel didn't fit. and i don't want the hose near the exhaust.
    so this is the first option, if it doesn't work i will change it

gr. wachter

Grüße aus holland

• Zitat von wachter

i tested it in the garage, break works well.

I was not in doubt, that it will work whenit´s new.
    But I´m not shure if it will work, when the reservoir is maybe only half full or you´re riding uphill or a wheely.

• i tested the break and it works well, i will keep an eye on the reservoir that it is full to max.
    wheelies i have to try, have not don this on the xt.
    :lol: :lol: riding uphill in holland....
    in the area where i live we only have dijks (they keep the river water in place).

gr. wachter

Grüße aus holland

• Zitat von wachter

...dijks (they keep the river water in place)...

River water?
    I´suppose, Holland would be etched from the maps if the dijks didn´t keep the sea outside...

• yes, that thru!!

i live 6 meters under N.A.P. (sealevel)

but the dutch are living for ages with the water, last disaster was in 1953 (1800 people died)

Grüße aus holland

• hello xt fans,

I will leave the xt 350 forum, I had a lot of fun on the xt. great motor to play with in town. I had a lot of fun, slidding at the stoplight, i also followd a motard course so i could play better with the xt. but now I'm going to sell the xt and will start a new project. I'm going to take a bmw k 100 rs 16v from 1990 and change it into a cafe racer :lol: .

unfortunely the goverment is going to change the drivinglicence, otherwise i would keep the xt for my son :cry: .

Thanks to everyone who has posted information on the forum that I could use.

I wish everyone the best and many safe kilometers.

Greetings wachter :D

Grüße aus holland

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!