XT 350 exhaust

• Es tut mir leid, ich spreche nicht Deutsch.

I like your forum, there is nothing like it in english.

I just bought exhaust for my 1987 XT 350, and its made quite a difference in performance. There are limited aftermarket parts for the XT here in america, but this is one of the best additions to my bike

http://www.supertrapp.com/product_sectio…ItemID=613-4350

I've seen several posts on front suspension; I wish I could read Deutsch better.

Thanks,

Stampey

• Hi and welcome here, we are international too :wink:

Look into these links (you have luck, it's in english) :

http://www.xt350.de/viewtopic.php?t=1552

and here :

http://www.xt350.de/viewtopic.php?t=1778

I hope this will help you.
    In germany the Supertrap IDS 2 is terrible expensive !
    I've seen it in America for round about 150 $. ?

And what would you know about the front suspension ?

regards from,
    Peter

Gruß,
    Peter

Nur im Lexikon kommt Erfolg vor Fleiß.

• Vielen Dank Peter,

Those links will be very helpful.

About suspension; I find it difficult to ride over jumps or turn quickly because my front suspension is very soft. I think it is due the springs being soft and the XT being made for Dual Sport. I use it primarily for off-road purposes. People ask me, "Why don't you get a proper dirt bike" and I say, "I love this bike".

On this forum someone posted that they changed the front forks from: "A Yamaha XT 350 from ` 87 with front forks from A WRF 426 ` 00"

http://www.xt350.de/fotos/displayimage.php?album=9&pos=6.

I wonder how this compares to the stock forks, and if he had to change the whole front end to accomplish this.

I want to give you all some more links I've found while searching the web about XT 350s. This following link (although its in English) is a very good laymen explaination about Springs:

http://cannonracecraft.com/faq.htm

I currently work for a company that manufacture steering dampers, and I will see if we can make one for my XT :P

Thank you for the Welcome.

Jeff

• Hi Jeff,

there exsist some harder springs for the XT 350 !

Sometimes you can find them on ebay - germany.

Great a new "old - iron- rider" :wink: :lol:

Gruß,
    Peter

Gruß,
    Peter

Nur im Lexikon kommt Erfolg vor Fleiß.

• Well I'm still waiting for my 611-4350 IDS2 quiet (ordered in october 2005...) so still have not put my XT355SM on the dynojet. And indeed I did put progressive springs in mine which I bought on ebay.de (~79€ incl shipping to NL) Still want to buy a front-fork-stabilizer (gabelstabi from telefix) also

Certified Lunartic ©®™

• Baffo,

that muffler is about 208 Euros shipped from JC Motors (in stock), or about the same from Chapparel Motor Sports shipped to Continental Europe.

I might try the Gabelstabbi after my new springs are installed.

yours,

Jeff

• Zitat von Stampey

Baffo,
    that muffler is about 208 Euros shipped from JC Motors (in stock), or about the same from Chapparel Motor Sports shipped to Continental Europe.
    I might try the Gabelstabbi after my new springs are installed.
    yours,
    Jeff

The one JC has in their ebay store is a racing version (613-4350), I need the quiet version (611-4350).
    A gabelstabi of forkbrace is to make an extra point where the forks are attached to each other, to overlap the gap between bottom yoke and wheel axle. Especially with (getting) older bikes and with only 1 front disc the whole fork can twist a bit, which you notice when driving thight bended roads or when braking hard.
    On my XT600 (2KF) I had a telefix and on my XTZ750 I made one myself (see my site) and it really makes a difference.
    Furthermore, the front fork springs you buy at ebay.de are progressive wound springs (see this link for ordering and this link for more tech info) combined with a bit thicker oil (15 or 20W)you improve road worthy driving, and loose some offroad driving capabilties, but since I'm more of a slow/trial rider I have no problems with that when switching wheels and going into the dirt. (I have 17 inches for road use)

Certified Lunartic ©®™

• Zitat von Don Pedro

Wow Baffo,
    good work !
    All informations . 8)
    s' Gravenhage ~/= Den Haag ?
    Gruß,
    Peter

yes s' Gravenhage = Den Haag

Certified Lunartic ©®™

• I took some pictures of the exhaust for you Baffo-I just have to upload them. It is a bit loud for street driving, as I hate to annoy my neighborhood; but I drive it off road and the creatures don't seem to mind. Here is a picture of mine. Believe it or not, It was very hot by the Mojave this weekend!

Cheers, :D

• I took some pictures of the exhaust for you Baffo-I just have to upload them. It is a bit loud for street driving, as I hate to annoy my neighborhood; but I drive it off road and the creatures don't seem to mind. Here is a picture of mine. Believe it or not, It was very hot by the Mojave this weekend!

• Nice picture, stampey, but the exhaust is on the other side of the bike!
    btw: file-size of first picture was to big, you can recognize that from the "XT350"-sign appearing.

Mein Nachbar hört gute Musik;- ob er das will oder nicht...:mrgreen:

• Zitat von Stampey

I took some pictures of the exhaust for you Baffo-I just have to upload them. It is a bit loud for street driving, as I hate to annoy my neighborhood; but I drive it off road and the creatures don't seem to mind. Here is a picture of mine. Believe it or not, It was very hot by the Mojave this weekend!

Please don't tell us how nice the weather is out there, we actually do have winters ! :x
    Maybe this week I will finally have my IDS-2 quiet, for now I'm struggling with respoking my 17" front wheel, 8 spokes are in...

Certified Lunartic ©®™

• Hi Baffo,

Ok finally I resized photo of the muffler side :D .

Respoking does sound like delicate work, requiring much patience.

My wife is from Prague, and she always mentions how much she misses seeing the seasons change! I do too.
    :)

Here is the photo:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!