2000 TTR600 Shock Absorber?

• I own an Australian TT350. I may have the chance to get a rear shock absorber from a 2000 TTR600. This is a nice looking Öhlins unit with lots of preload adjustment and both compression and rebound damping adjustment. I can see from photos that they are quite (OK, very) different to the TT shock, they sit much lower in the bike and the bottom mount is totally different.

I read jester's posts about fitting a shock and swingarm from a TT600 to and XT350 - well, I think that's what he said. Google translate is a bit rough :)

Has anyone done any research into the possibility of fitting a 2000 TTR600 shock?

Thanks,

Brian

• I also had already the idea to adapt the Öhlins from my TT600S into my TT350. I think (but am not quite sure), the dampers from TT600S and TTR600 are the same (maybe beside the adjustment...) and I know "langsam" managed to mount this damper into his XT350.
    For this, I guess it should be possible to get the the öhlins-shock into the tt.
    I´d just buy it and try;- if it won´t fit at all, you can re-sell the öhlins anyway.

Mein Nachbar hört gute Musik;- ob er das will oder nicht...:mrgreen:

• I have a TT600 S Belgada Öhlins in my XT 350, but when I tried that with TTGeorg we had a TT 350 behind us and we looked wheather it is possible to get it into the TT aswell.

We came to the conclusion that it have to fit with a few changes.

And I hope that it fits because my Öhlins comes into my new TT now, so try it and when it is not fitting u can sell the Öhlins for a good price at ebay!

Nimm das Leben nicht zu ernst, denn du kommst eh nicht lebend raus!

• I have a TT600R rear shock mounted ... i had to modify a little the linkage but other than that it fitted very nice ;)
    After i repair my bike - had an accident, bent frame) i will try to adapt a rear swingarm from a wrf426, rear shock and likage from the same wr. Also a disk brake and a 19" wheel.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!