Pickup Coil / Pulse Coil broken!

• Hello and merry Christmas!
    I was going through my faulty stator / generator on my 1987 xt350, when I found out my pickup coil was broken. It's the tiny coil on the outside of the flywheel with two wires attached to it. I read its purpose is to signal the CDI unit when to start ignition. It's a small component but ridiculously excpensive! My local dealer wants over 300 Euros! It's a little cheaper in Europe and in the USA, but then transport would add up. I can't find it on Ebay or one of the cheaper Motorcycle spare parts stores online. It seems like only yamaha dealers sell it.

So if any one here knows where to find one without paying 300 Euros, please share. Or maybe it's possible to use one from another bike?

On beforehand thanks.

• Part number is : 30X-85580-00-00 (the same in XT350 and TT350)
    Just google : Yamaha em parts, motorcycle, Year, type etc.

Just now, ebay : 112228009780, price is 85.84 €+ 7.08 € , it´s from Greece

In USA this parts sells for about 80$, in germany for 234,-€ (ridiculous price)

Greetings

• Hi xt350Norway,
    I purchased universal Pickup-Coils at

http://www.xmas1.at/xneu/index.htm

(search for pick up)

My local motorcycle-electrics store, really competent guys over there.

The coils fit exactly, but cable-colours are different. But you'll manage that by comparing the Position of the wireing with your original coil.

I think the price is about € 26

V-12336, Pick Up Uni, La 37mm, 250 Ohm

The guys are on vacation now, but they'll be back on Jan. 15th.
    Greetings,
    Michael

--- XT 350, 55V, BJ '85, schwarz-rot ---
    --- XTZ 750 Super Ténéré, 4TD, BJ 92, EZ 94 ---

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!