Ölkühler anbauen

• Zitat von nachtigall

Zitat:
    If I want to learn to fear, I´d buy a race-ready, tuned Husqvarna, or, for streetlife, as already tested, an ZX12-R.

Whole other ball game. And if u compare fun with fear maybe u should learn to drive first...?
    I guess, I learnd it somehow in the last million kilometers, free of accidents, broken bones and anything.
    But it is, nevertheless, another world, to ride 200PS instead of 30.
    With 220 on normal streets, these are getting very narrow and even on highways you´ll find curves, where there were never ones with a bike, that runs only140km/h, even if you always had the feeling, 140km/h on a 350 are veerry fast!

I drive small roads 99,9% of the time, even if I have to go to the other side of netherlands or go to Belgium and/or Luxembourg (and go a little through Germany as well)

Zitat

Zitat:
    But I´m happy with my 350 TT and so what? I want to come home alive an to do this as a leisure time pleasure.
    For sporting I do other things...

Do so, but don't whine about what others do
    Do you really think, I do?

Mja I do, unfortunately, but hey, it won't change what I'm doing, so 8)

Certified Lunartic ©®™

• Darüber kommst nur zu der Adresse von Moto Sohn.
    Die kann ich dir aber notfalls auch hierher schreiben:
    Motos Sohn S.A.
    230, Avenue de Colmar
    67100 Strasbourg-Meinau
    Tel.:03.88.40.21.40

Was die Punkte zwischen der telefonnummer bedeuten weiss ich nicht, ich hab jedenfalls keine auf meinem Tastenfeld... :lol:
    Und die sprechen auch deutsch.

"Fahren Sie viel!"

• Kann eh kein Französisch, hatte nur Latein...
    Strassburg ist cool in sachen töff, da hat man sogar Töff läden in der Bummelzone so neben Schuhmarkt und H+M.
    jedenfalls vor 15 jahren......

Georg

Gruß

Georg

achtung dement!
    ja ich bin direkt, aber ehrlich.

• Zitat von TTGeorg

... hatte nur Latein...

hm ja - flatus incarceratus cerebri :wink:

hatt mer glaub ich auch schon mal

lm

nur weil ich zu blöd bin - heisst das noch lange nicht das ich was richtig mache...... :)

• Ich hatte auch Latein:

Sie (die in der Schule) meinten dann nach geraumer Zeit, dass sie ohne mich besser vorankommen....und so blieb ich dann zuhause!

• Hehe, habe auch 6 Jahre Latein ohne irgend ein Latinum hinter mich gebracht (5-10), kleiner schwarzer Fleck in meiner bisherigen Laufbahn ;)

Rolf

...manche Dinge machen wirklich keinen Sinn, sind aber gut fürs Ego...

• Those of you who mounted oil coolers on the XT/TT' s, have you had any problems with oil pressure or things like that? Can the oil pump handle the extra distance and volume of oil? And how effective were the coolers?
    I was searching high and low on the internet to find first person experience with oil coolers on these bikes, but there just aren't any :? so I would be very grateful if someone can share his experience with the oil coolers, because I'm planning to install one myself :) if I can get a decent oil cooler (anybody got one and wanting to sell :roll: :D )

• Hi jegr,

the only one who knows s.th. about mountig an oil cooler is "jester".

He created a Adventure XT 350 with nearly 50 ltr. of Fuel capacity for driving in Africa. Therefore he installed an oilcooler.

Pump pressure must be great enough for the extra distance.

I drove my TT also in south Spain. There is the Temparatur in sumer often over 35°C.
    I use minaralic oil 20W-50, without a extra cooler. No Problems, and if the engine will get to high temperatures you can smell it. (like old pommes frites) :wink:

When the engine is too hot, then you take a cigarette and after smoking it it, you drive your way.... :wink:

Regards,
    Peter

Gruß,
    Peter

Nur im Lexikon kommt Erfolg vor Fleiß.

• I saw a pic of jester's bike, it looks ready for Dakar :twisted:
    I was considering mounting an oil cooler because I transformed my XT into a lightweight tourer and now I'm putting on a few more upgrades to make the bike even better, because selling this bike and simply buying a better one is not an option for me (rare in Slovenia, lightweight, great fuel consumption, great handling, sufficient speed and also first love :) )

So far I haven't encountered overheating problems, although I haven't done more than 250km in one day so far (enough for the bike to get really hot), but I'm planning longer tours (up to 1500km in one weekend, and one 600km-long in a day) in this summer and the high engine temperatures are always on my mind (gets up to 35 degrees and more here in summer).

I use Ipone Katana full synthetic oil, so I've done a bit to help the engine cope with the temperatures already, and I'll also drill vent holes in the skid plate.

PS: I don't smoke :wink:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!